Honest, Direct Legal Counsel When You Are Facing DUI Charges
Facing charges for driving while intoxicated (DUI) does not necessarily mean that you will be convicted. There are countless DUI defense strategies that can be used to fight the charges and protect your future.
But, it is difficult to choose the right strategy and even harder to implement it. Because of this, it’s never a good idea to face DUI charges without the help of an experienced attorney. If you are facing DUI charges, contact the DUI lawyers at The Law Offices of Todd Landgren at once.
You Need A Skilled Attorney To Develop A Strong Defense Strategy
The key to avoiding a DUI conviction is choosing the most appropriate defense strategy for your case. Each DUI case is unique, so the defense strategy that works for one defendant will most likely not work for another.
For this reason, an attorney will need to review your case prior to discussing defense strategies. In addition to considering whether this is your first DUI, a case review will provide your attorney with the information needed to build an effective defense strategy.
Common strategies for defending a DUI case can include:
- Proving a DUI stop was illegal. An attorney can review your case and come to the conclusion that either the police officer had no “reasonable suspicion” to pull you over in the first place, or the officer exceeded their search powers.
- Showing errors in the testing and storage of blood alcohol samples. Skilled attorneys can review the procedures, storing, handling and rules governing the tests and argue that the evidence should not lead to a conviction in court or suspension with the DMV.
- Disproving the results of DUI chemical tests. At attorney can challenge the accuracy of blood or urine tests in court due to certain medical conditions, medications, special diets or other important factors.
- Questioning the accuracy of field sobriety test results. These test results are questionable at best, so an attorney can work to prove unique elements, like being nervous or wearing uncomfortable shoes, could make you appear intoxicated to the officer.
- Proving “on the rise” blood alcohol content. An attorney can argue that your measured BAC was above the legal limit at the time the chemical test was administered simply because your BAC was on the rise at the time you were pulled over.
These types of DUI defense strategies weaken the prosecution’s case against you by questioning whether or not this evidence is reliable, which can help you avoid harsh penalties in California.
Our firm can also use medical and forensic experts to take the stand in your defense to explain how the body processes alcohol and how inaccurate chemical tests are used to estimate past blood alcohol levels.
Contact Our Award-Winning Law Firm | Schedule A No-Cost Consultation
Have you been arrested for DUI? If so, it’s in your best interest to get help as soon as possible.
Since there is no one-size-fits-all DUI defense strategy, our team will carefully review the details of your case so we can determine the strategy that will lead to the best results in your case. To schedule a free consultation, call 949-535-1303 or fill out the form on our website.